MUST BE CURRENTLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA. This is not a remote position, candidate must be willing to work in Laval, Quebec.
Launched in 2015, Biodextris is a contract research and development organization providing analytical development, bioprocess development and quality control testing services to vaccines and biologics companies in research, pre-clinical or early clinical development phases. Biodextris is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience, deep scientific expertise. Our laboratory is located at the Neomed Institute facility in Laval, QC, Canada.
Biodextris is currently seeking to fill a Laboratory support position. The incumbent will support the Laboratory Coordinator in Equipment maintenance and calibration, equipment validation, act as a Sample Shipping and Receiving Clerk and Act as a purchasing coordinator backup. This position is laboratory-focused, and excellent interpersonal skills are a requirement.
- Act as Laboratory support for Sample Shipping and Receiving Clerk:
- Performs manual and clerical duties related to the preparation and shipment of internal/customer samples, components, and finished products.
- Knowledge in shipment
- Act as a Lab support to procurement and inventory /stock management.
- Receiving of material and supplies
- Maintain inventory system
- Maintenance of accurate documentation of all work in appropriate formats.
- Work with team members to manage assigned projects to establish priorities, set schedules.
- Act as Lab support to maintain a state of operational readiness by making sure adequate equipment maintenance and calibration are performed as per scheduling.
- Assists technical services to perform maintenance and calibration.
- Performs internal Performance Verification (Balance, pH meter)
- Maintains and reviews cleaning of equipment as per calendar.
- Reviews, approves, or classifies technical documents such as instrument verification, calibration and repair documents in accordance with GMP requirements.
- Assists in writing deviations, change controls, equipment PM/Cal/repairs report pertaining to instrumentation in compliance with GMP’s.
- Act as a validation support
- Assist Validation specialist on equipment, procedures or documentation.
- Provide support or training to employee on system operating procedures.
- Review and approve technical documents such as instrument verification, and calibration and repair documents in accordance with GMP requirements.
- Assist with troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation and other maintenance as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and adapt efficiently to program changes.
- Perform all training activities necessary for the role and maintain personal training file.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
The candidate for this position is expected to have theoretical and practical scientific knowledge and experience typical of an experienced degree level, for example:
- Diplôme d’Études Collégiales (DEC) Technology or sciences or equivalent with 5+ years relevant experience.
- B.Sc., Biotechnology or sciences or equivalent with 3+ years relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to cultivate a collaborative work environment with a team and across business areas
- Ability to complete documentation per GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) requirements
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities for successful project completion.
Application: Send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.